The following 12 demands were listed in a letter posted on the door of LMPD headquarters at Monday’s rally:
- Complete overhaul of use of force policies to be more aligned with Amnesty International, Dept. of Justice and UN Guidelines.
- When an officer-involved shooting occurs:
A. That officer and all responding officers need to give a recorded statement within 24-48 hours and complete an incident report immediately after involved shooting.
B. Names of officers involved need to be released within 24-48 hours.
- Police spend more time engaging the community outside their cars.
- After all uses of deadly force cases, responding officers must be immediately screened by third party and tested for drug and alcohol and complete a fit for duty physical.
- Assign special prosecutor for all deadly force cases.
- Speed up implementation of body cameras in West End Neighborhoods.
- Dismantle the VIPER squad. (A unit which targets repeat violent offenders.)
- End over-policing in communities of color.
- Create a database for all police involved shootings.
- Restore and re-seat the Civilian Review Board and provide it with subpoena authority.
- Fire Mutchler by 5 p.m. Friday.
- Top five ranking LMPD officers publicly denounce Mutchler’s letter.