1) “You Can Have The Crown” by Sturgill Simpson, who plays The Mercury Ballroom on Friday, January 30.
The next four songs are by local musicians who are playing the first — and hopefully yearly — Free Week, which takes place Wednesday, Jan. 28 through Saturday, the 31st at four different venues. More than 15 Louisville bands are playing and you can find a full schedule HERE. In the meantime, here are four songs from some of those musicians:
2) “No Salvation” by Coliseum
3) “Chestnut Street” by Xerxes
4) “All I Know is Changing” by A Lion Named Roar
5) “Everything” by Lydia Burrell
A few more songs highlighting the week’s best shows…
6) “Twenty-Something” by Noah Gundersen, who plays Zanzabar on Wednesday, Jan. 28.
7) “We Will All Be Changed” by Seryn, who play Zanzabar on Friday, Jan. 30.
8) “Ol’ Monsanto Stole a Farm” by Johnny Azari, who plays Haymarket Whiskey Bar on Saturday, Jan. 31.