Now, for all you creative scribes out there, here’s the skinny on literary LEO …
Winners will be published in the January 28, 2015 issue of the LEO Weekly.
(1) Short Fiction (up to 2,500 words)
(2) Flash Fiction (300 words or fewer)
(4) Color Photography
(5) Black-And-White Photography
(6) Something Different
(experiment with subject matter or form)
- $125 first place; $75 second place; $50 third place, in each category.
- All winners and finalists will be published in print and online.
- Submission Fee: $5 per category, paid online or by check or money order made out to LEO for mailed or hand delivered submissions, with Literary LEO noted on the payment line. Entries wit hout payment will be discarded.
The Rules (please read carefully):
- You may enter any or all of the categories, submitting up to three color photos, three black-and-white photos, two poems, two of something different, one flash fiction piece and one short story.
- On each piece entered, indicate the submission category (short fiction, flash fiction, poetry, something different, color or black-and-white photography). Entries with no indication of category will be disqualified.
- Do NOT include your name or any other personal identification anywhere on your submissions except for a cover sheet or where requested in online forms. Works with names or personal identification will be disqualified.
- Mailed or hand delivered material that does not come with a cover sheet will not be considered.
- Photo submissions must be submitted in at least 200 dpi, 300 dpi preferred, in the following formats; JPG, PSD, TIF, EPS, PNG or PDF.
- Text submissions must be submitted in the following formats Word, Text Edit, Rich Text (RTF) or PDF. Word is preferred
- Online submissions must be submitted HERE no later than Dec. 11.
- Winners will be notified and invited to attend a special event.
- By submitting material, authors recognize that they grant LEO one-time publishing rights, including permission to publish material on LEO’s website.
- LEO employees and regular freelancers are not eligible