When we announced plans to eliminate the photography categories from our annual Literary LEO contest, we promised all you shutterbugs out there that your time would come.
Well, we’re not liars, folks, and now it’s your turn:
LEO is accepting submissions for our first-ever photography contest. The winning and runner-up photos will be featured as part of our June 20 issue.
Now get out there and snap some pictures!
Black & White Photography
$125 first place; $75 second place; $50 third place, in each category.
Winners and runners up will be published in LEO Weekly and online at leoweekly.com.
The cost to submit is $5 per category, paid in check or money order to LEO Weekly, with “Photography Issue” noted on the payment line. Entries without payment will be discarded.
THE RULES (please read carefully):
1. You may enter up to two photos in each category.
2. Include only one cover sheet, on which you must include: 1) your name, 2) address, 3) phone number, 4) email address, 5) a list of your entries with the appropriate category next to each. NOTE: Failure to do this will disqualify your entry.
3. Do NOT include your name or any other personal identification on submitted photos. Include that information only on your cover sheet.
4. Material not accompanied by a cover sheet will not be considered.
5. Submissions will not be returned to participants, so do not send originals.
6. All entries must be mailed or delivered to LEO Headquarters by 5 p.m. Friday, May 25. Please send to: LEO Photo Contest, 301 E. Main St., Suite 201, Louisville, Ky. 40202.
7. LEO employees and regular freelancers are not eligible to participate.
8. By submitting material, photographers grant LEO one-time publishing rights.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MAY 25