We are now accepting submissions for Literary LEO 2012.
But take note — there’s been a change: Photography will not be included in the upcoming Literary LEO contest. Due to the overwhelming popularity of the photo categories, we are sponsoring a separate photography contest in the summer of 2012. So keep on snapping pictures, and stay tuned for details on the photo front.
Now, for all you creative scribes out there, here’s the skinny on Literary LEO …
(1) Short Fiction (up to 2,500 words)
(2) Flash Fiction (300 words or fewer)
(4) Something Different (experiment with subject matter or form)
$125 first place; $75 second place; $50 third place, in each category.
All winners and finalists will be published in print and online.
Submission Fee: $5 per category, paid in check or money order made out to LEO, with Literary LEO noted on the payment line. Entries without payment will be discarded.
The Rules (please read carefully):
1. You may enter any or all of the categories, submitting up to two poems, two of something different, one flash fiction piece and one short story.
2. Include only one cover sheet, on which you must include: (1) your name; (2) address; (3) phone number; (4) email address; and a list of your entries with the appropriate category next to each. NOTE: Failure to do this will disqualify your entry.
3. On each piece entered, write the submission category (short fiction, flash fiction, poetry, something different). Entries with no indication of category will be disqualified.
4. Do NOT include your name or any other personal identification on your submissions. Works with names or personal identification will be disqualified. Include that information only on your cover sheet.
5. Material that does not come with a cover sheet will not be considered.
6. All entries must be mailed or delivered to Literary LEO, 301 E. Main St., Suite 201, Louisville, KY 40202, by Dec. 9, 2011. Sorry, no online submissions accepted.
7. Material will not be returned. Please do not send original copies.
8. Winners will be notified and invited to attend a special event.
9. By submitting material, authors recognize that they grant LEO one-time publishing rights, including permission to publish material on LEO’s website.
10. LEO employees and regular freelancers are not eligible.