For over 25 years, LEO Weekly has served as Louisville’s source for arts and entertainment news, community-focused stories, and colorful local commentary. The role of Business Development Manager (BDM) is to help develop and execute the strategic advertising, sales and marketing plans for new and existing accounts. The BDM will manage the sales and marketing function to achieve strategic sales targets while working closely with Senior Management. The qualified individual must act as a liaison between cross-functional teams, (Sales, Marketing, Editorial, etc.), and ensure each departments’ goals align with the overall business strategy of the company. The BDM must identify prospective clients and possess the ability to develop those prospects into actual clients and maintain relations at the highest levels.
- Lead, coach, train and develop sales team.
- Attend regular meetings with clients and create new promotional strategies.
- Follow-up in person, on leads received through general referrals, cross-selling, advertisements and inquiries.
- Assist in general sales activities, including trade shows, advertising, public relations, and others as directed.
- Complete weekly plans and quarterly action steps and review with owners.
- Make recommendations on existing and pending sales.
- Implement a comprehensive sales management process with established goals and activity targets.
- Assist in the development of departmental budget and work to achieve budgetary requirements.
- Will be responsible for gathering weekly sales metrics and provide explanations of numbers needed along with forecasting sales results.
- Foster clear communication with all departments to ensure successful execution of overall company objectives.
- Track campaign results and organize deliverables to Senior Management.
- Maintain and build relationships with key accounts.
- Develop and execute a sales and marketing plan for key accounts that meets or exceeds sales and margin targets.
- Grow existing product offerings with key accounts while introducing new product opportunities.
- Provide regular sales reports to Senior Management that accurately capture all sales activity.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales Management or related fields preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing, Sales or Advertising required
- Personable, outgoing, customer service-oriented
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Solid understanding of core marketing principles
- Competitive salary plus commission
LEO Weekly is an Equal Opportunity Employer