LEO is now accepting submissions for Literary LEO 2011 in the following six categories:
(1) Short Fiction (up to 2,500 words)
(2) Flash Fiction (300 words or fewer)
(4) Something Different (experiment with subject
matter or form)
(5) Color Photography
(6) Black-and-White Photography
$125 first place; $75 second place; $50 third place, in each category.
All winners and finalists will be published in LEO magazine and online.
Dec. 10, 2010
Submission Fee: $5 per category, paid in check or money order made out to LEO, with Literary LEO noted on the payment. Entries without payment will be discarded.
The Rules (please read carefully)
1. You may enter any or all of the categories, submitting up to three color photographs, three black-and-white photographs, two poems, two of something different, one flash fiction piece and one short story.
2. Include only one cover sheet, on which you must include: (1) your name; (2) your address; (3) your phone number; (4) an e-mail address; (5) and a list of your entries with, next to each, the category for which you are submitting each entry. NOTE: Failure to do this will disqualify your entry.
3. On each piece entered, write the category for which it is submitted (short fiction, flash fiction, poetry, something different, color photography or black-and-white photography). Entries with no indication of category will be disqualified.
4. Do NOT include your name or any other personal identification on your submitted work. Works with names or personal identification on them will be disqualified. Include that information only on your cover sheet.
5. Material that is signed and/or that does not come with a cover sheet will not be considered.
6. All entries must be mailed or delivered to Literary LEO, 301 E. Main St., Suite 201, Louisville, KY 40202, by Dec. 10, 2010. Sorry, no online submissions accepted.
7. Material will not be returned. Please do not send original copies.
8. Winners will be notified and invited to attend a special event.
9. By submitting material, authors and artists recognize that they grant LEO one-time publishing rights, including permission to publish material on LEO’s website.
10. Note to photographers: No slides or computer files will be accepted. Prints must be 5” x 7” or larger.
11. LEO employees and regular freelancers are not eligible.